Shyft Yoga Trainer
Phosphorus, an essential mineral, is naturally present in many foods and available as a dietary supplement. Phosphorus is a component of bones, teeth, DNA, and RNA . In the form of phospholipids, phosphorus is also a component of cell membrane structure and of the body’s key energy source, ATP.In humans, phosphorus makes up about 1 to 1.4% of fat-free mass. Of this amount, 85% is in bones and teeth, and the other 15% is distributed throughout the blood and soft tissues. Phosphorus and calcium are interrelated because hormones, such as vitamin D and parathyroid hormone (PTH), regulate the metabolism of both minerals. Food sources Many different types of foods contain phosphorus, including dairy products, meats and poultry, fish, eggs, nuts, legumes, vegetables, and grains. Although the absorption of animal sourced phosphorous is better. But it can be retained form plant sources also.